Provide Islamic religious guidance, practices, education and leadership to the Muslim community in collaboration with the Imam according to the teachings of the Holy Quran and the Sunnah of Prophet Mohammad (s); establish and promote educational and extracurricular programs for adults and youth with a special focus on women; lead the establishment of a unified Muslim community welcoming to all Muslims from different backgrounds and cultures; engage with the larger community to promote friendship and understanding between Muslims and non-Muslims in the community.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Islamic Studies from an accredited higher education institution.
- Experience working within the Muslim community
- Experience working in a mentorship capacity
- Ability to develop structured Islamic programming
- Strong sense of empathy and desire to help others
- Fluency in English
- Working understanding of Arabic
- Ability to interact with and relate to youth.
- Ability to work with people of different cultures, backgrounds, and genders.
- Experience working in a pedagogical capacity
- Demonstrated experience in Islamic family and youth counseling
- Dynamic personality and is a strong public speaker
- Demonstrated experience in conflict prevention and resolution
- Fluency in Arabic
- Provide Quran and Hadith studies, Seerah and Fiqh lessons, and other Islamic topics to increase knowledge and provide for spiritual growth of community members
- Maintain regular and convenient office hours at the Mosque for community members to seek religious counsel and guidance.
- Lead curricular development of current Masjid programs as well as oversee and support development of new and innovative programs.
- Represent the organization at community activities to enhance the organization’s community profile.
- Collaborate with the Imam and ED in strategizing and implementing religious programs and events as needed.
- Communicate and help implement organizational initiatives, such as services, community events, special projects, etc.
- Participate in the community activities that further good interfaith and public relations for Islam and Muslims.
- Interact with all persons and organizations, Muslim and Non-Muslim, in a manner that reflects positively on Islam, Muslims, and the Masjid.
- Continually strive and conduct oneself in ways that fosters unity and inclusiveness among all community members, and promote broad participation in Islamic and community activities.
- Lead by example to prevent discrimination on any basis including but not limited to school of thought, gender, race, nationality, ethnic origin, citizenship, political affiliation, or economic status.
- Serve as a role model for Young Muslim Leaders, especially young women of the community.
Please Email Resume’ and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org